Friday, October 21, 2005

a sticky situation

today was another day of sitting in the sun playing with ducks. put the ducklings into the outside runs today and they went nuts - swimming up and down, diving under the rocks, chasing mealworms. bit of a relief really 'cos they didn't really like water up until this morning. Max managed to put his camera down on a gule trap which meant that everything he touched got covered in sticky bubblegum scented goo - the car keys, the door on the run, my hands, the duckling that i picked and then had to peel off my fingers. We put a cover onto one of the runs this afternoon and i managed to impale myself on a tussock. Damn thing got stuck in my ear but i had to keep moving or risk getting crushed by a few 100kg of steel. think the thing went into my brain. probably did it some good but. off tramping tomorrow with the jetski up melita stream.

No comments: