Friday, October 12, 2012

33 Things

Somewhere along the line it has got to the middle of October already and I haven't put up my new list of 33 things.  To be fair, the past couple of months have been pretty busy, what with interviewing for a job in Brisbane, spending three weeks visiting respective family with the boy, getting a job in Melbourne, finishing up my old job, packing up my Christchurch life, moving to Melbourne and starting a new job!  All of these things mean that the new list has been somewhat harder to write than usual as I wasn't really sure where I was going to be and what I would be able to do but it has also hastened the crossing off of bunch of things.

So, here is the list of 33 things to be achieved while I'm 33.  Always willing to have help with these!
  1. Climb a route out of the Melbourne book
  2. Bike to Akaroa
  3. Start a postdoc position
  4. Submit an Antarctic paper
  5. Learn to play the ukulele
  6. Submit an oi paper
  7. Go cycle touring
  8. Complete a half marathon
  9. Move to Melbourne
  10. Go to the Brewery
  11. Be my sister's bridesmaid
  12. Submit the shrub paper
  13. Learn a new skill
  14. Finish the crochet vest
  15. Go on holiday with the boy
  16. Cross the Nullabor Plains
  17. Sell at least five things on Trade Me
  18. Wear a skirt every day for a month (skirtember)
  19. Join a club
  20. Live below the line
  21. Run 10 km a week for a month
  22. Go cross-country skiing
  23. Compete in a road bike race
  24. Make Aunt Maggie's slippers
  25. Crochet the Baby Boobie Beanie
  26. Organise a stuff swap
  27. Have an awesome leaving party
  28. Ride a Melbourne mountain bike trail
  29. Make ice cream from bananas
  30. Buy a fancy dress
  31. Walk the Overland Track round Cradle Mountain
  32. Do something crafty at least once a month (SONDJFMAMJJA)
  33. Have an outdoor adventure at least monthly (SONDJFMAMJJA)
More on my Melbourne adventures soon.....

No comments: